Although Terry Crews has had plenty of support from the public following his own #MeToo moment, making accusations of sexual assault last year, he’s still waiting on a few phone calls.
To recap, Crews accused William Morris Endeavour agent Adam Venit of groping him at an industry party back in 2016.
Crews is currently suing Venit, who denied the accusation. In light of the claims, The Expendables producer Avi Lerner allegedly called Crews’ management to tell the actor to drop the case against Venit if he wanted to avoid “problems” on the sequel.
Crews’ went public with this claim on Twitter back in February, noting co-star Sylvester Stallone is also represented by Venit. In a BuzzFeed interview published Thursday, Crews said he hasn’t heard a peep from the Expendables crew.
“No words from anybody. Nothing,” Crews told the publication. “Believe me, nobody saw that coming. Nobody thought that I was gonna put that out there.”
The actor also singled out the NFL for its “culture of intimidation,” and said Hollywood is a “very violent place,” comparing it to a plantation.
“You see a lot of people who never work again. For even speaking up, the whole thing is that they cut your head off so that the next person doesn’t speak,” Crews added.
As some of his Hollywood colleagues staying mum on the matter, Crews has been posting support he’s received from the public.
On Thursday, he posted a letter from Old Spice and Procter & Gamble, who said they’d offer support “in any way we can as you continue to fight sexual misconduct.”
In his lawsuit against Venit, WME lawyers have requested Crews undergo a mental health examination. It’s something he’s agreed to, and others have decried.
@terrycrews on this international women’s day, I would like to thank you. You showed the “men in power” that this is not just a women’s issue. You prove that we are not weak, but merely trying to survive. I applaud you, sir. I thank you for your courage and your voice.
— marie hirschbuhl (@imaqt271) March 9, 2018